CPR HeartLights image
Learn HeartLights CPR  
go BACK  

HeartLights CPR Logo is an American Heart TRAINING CENTER. Learn and Live CPR VA

also see... FAQ's
Who needs CPR/AED Certification ?
What CPR Class do I need ?

TEACHERS CPR Training - Our American Heart (Heart-Saver) CPR Training Program includes all City - State requirements covering ADULT - INFANT - CHILD and CHOKING, with First Aid if required.

Course: BLS is for Healthcare Providers - Caregivers.
Course: HeartSaver® is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements.  These courses are also designed to meet OSHA requirements. For many of our courses, students receive a CPR completion card valid for two years

Who Needs CPR Hospitals require medical personal to be CPR certified.
Medical personnel like doctors, nurses and laboratory technicians may be required to perform CPR in the course of their duties. Human resource personnel, secretaries, maintenance personnel and other non medical employees would seldom need the skills but may be required to have CPR skills. (BLS) for the Health Care Provider Care Giver

Medical personnel must maintain advanced CPR skills, which includes the use of basic equipment and how to do two-man CPR. Non medical personnel could maintain CPR certification at a basic level. AED instruction may be required as a part of the CPR certification process.
Law Enforcement and Firefighters (BLS)

Police, sheriffs, firefighters, emergency medical technicians (EMT) and first responders must maintain CPR certification. EMT's and first responders need advanced CPR skills. Basic skills may be sufficient for law enforcement and regular firefighters. (Heartsaver w First Aid) and or (BLS)

Medical and Dental Offices (BLS)

Nursing Students, Nurses, Certified Nurse Assistant - CNA's,
CNA Students (BLS)

Personal Trainer - Fitness Trainer (Heartsaver)

Like hospitals, all medical personnel in a doctor's office must know how to perform advanced CPR. Office personnel, while less likely to perform CPR, may be still be required to maintain a basic CPR certification. Most offices will likely have an AED on premise, and employees must know how to use it. (BLS)

Dentists and dental assistants are required to know and maintain CPR certification. While dental offices may seldom have a need for CPR skills, some dental procedures could cause a patient to experience a cardiac arrest. Dental office staff may not be required to maintain CPR skills. (BLS)

Flight attendants may need to respond to a medical emergency while in the air. The flight attendant cannot guarantee there will be trained medical professionals on board to respond, so the flight attendants must maintain CPR and first aid skills. AED's are common equipment in airports and on planes, and flight attendants are required to know how to use one. (Heartsaver w First Aid)

Jail and prison personnel are often required to maintain CPR certification. In the event of an emergency, medical staff may not be immediately available, and guards or other staff may need to respond until medical support arrives. (Heartsaver w First Aid)

Schools, most states require public school teachers and day care workers to maintain CPR certification. If a student or teacher is injured, a teacher can respond to the emergency until medical assistance arrives. (Heartsaver w First Aid)

Pools and Beaches Lifeguards must maintain CPR skills. Drowning victims may require CPR, and a lifeguard with CPR skills can respond appropriately to the emergency. (Heartsaver w First Aid)

Baby Sitting - Babysetters - Nannies (Heartsaver w First Aid)
see Pediatric CPR

Still Not Sure, Please Call: (757) 313-0356

an American Heart American Heart Logo(c)Training Center

Virginia Beach VA Tidewater
Virginia Beach (757) 313-0356 - Richmond VA (804) 859-8400
an American Heart Association Certified TRAINING CENTER.

Call to register or info. questions (757) 313-0356 . go BACK  
© 2009 - 2016 HeartLights CPR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.